I am a highly trained and respected therapist, clinical supervisor, teacher and trainer. My services are perpetually in demand.
My clients respond well to my skilful use of unique humour, the way I creatively uses my toolbox of therapeutic skills, and my deep and unwavering compassion and emotional connection to bring about my client’s desired change(s).
I see clients from all over the world using online media platforms, and telephone, as well as seeing clients at my practice in Islington, North London.
A client has recently said, “I have worked with Tracy over a long period of time. I find her to be always present and empathetic. Her observations are always invaluable and help me to see things from many different angles. I appreciate her humour and relaxed manner. She skillfully mixes and blends a unique set of skills with the person-centred way, as well as drawing on a range of skills and tools to fit my needs and circumstances.”
As well as running a successful therapy practice, my other work includes:
– Teaching counselling diploma level skills and theory to students at City and Islington College and being a tutor at the Existential ‘New school’. I teach creative ways of working, group facilitation, boundaries, alcohol and substance misuse, integrative counselling as well as ethical and social issues.
– Managing a counselling service that underpins all addiction services in the London Borough of Hackney, funded by the local authority.
– Training professionals in Hackney for the Drug & Alcohol Action Team (DAAT).
– Creative clinical supervision and counselling supervision to individuals and groups within the counselling and social care fields. Supervisees come from a wide range of backgrounds including therapists, teachers, nurses, practitioners, team leaders and managers. I provide a regular space for supervisees to reflect upon the content and the process of their work to ensure that they are not coping with unnecessary difficulties, problems or projections on their own.
– I have also been a regular guest on radio and TV.
I say of my work:
“My background as a therapist helps me to break creative barriers and I am able to look deeper into myself, as well as beyond, to gain greater clarity in all situations. Where previously I saw problems, I now see challenges to overcome.”
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced Dip Integrative Counsellor
E.M.D.R (Advan, part 1,2,3) ‘Eye Movement Desensatisation & Reprocessing’
Attachment focused EMDR:
Healing Developmental Deficits & Adults abused as children
E.F.T (Advan part 1,2 3) Practitioner ‘Emotional freedom technique’
Person-Centred Art Therapy Skills
CASCADE trained Creative Clinical Supervisor, both one to one & groups.
ABC level 4 Dip in Casework supervision
Cert Hypnotic Life Coaching
Cert in counselling skills- children & adolescents.
Cert: Working with Club Drugs and New Psychoactive Substances
Advanced working with clients using: Crack, Cocaine, heroin, Ketamin, skunk, cannabis and new drug trends.
Advanced working with women involved in street-based sex work
Counsellors: self-care & secondary stress syndrome.
Health & Safety law
Grandparents that are carers for children of drug users.
Families/carers and drug use
City & guilds nursery nurse
Adv NLP techniques
Bereaved children age 2 years upwards
Counselling adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
Mental capacity awareness act
BACP (Accred) – Accredited Member